"Cruise Oregon: It's not just a vacation, it's an adventure!"
Cruise Oregon 2018 Registration Form
Cruise Oregon "Searchin' for Sasquatch" January newsletter
Happy New Year! Registration forms went out in early December for this year's cruise, and so far we have 38 cars registered, with 2 newbies and 20 Route 26 Cruiser's.
I'm going to give a short recap again, with some updates.
- Friday evening, July 13, we will have an informal 'meet and greet' with a meal at Schroeder's Speed and Customs. in Troutdale.
- Saturday morning, July 14, we will again have those wonderful burritos for breakfast before we hit the road to The Dalles. That evening, we will tour the WAAAM Museum in Hood river and have a catered dinner there. You can read more about it here:
- Sunday, July 15, is a free day in the Hood River/The Dalles area. We are looking into getting together with another car club.
- Monday, July 16, we will hit the road to Kennewick, Washington.
- Tuesday, July 17, Free day to explore the area, with a boat cruise on the Columbia River with appetizers.
- Wednesday, July 18, Back on the road to Wenatchee, Washington. We are still working on things to do there.
- Thursday, July 19, Free day to visit Leavenworth ( A Bavarian town) or explore the area.
- Friday, July 20, On the road over the scenic mountains to Tacoma, Washington. Possibly meeting with another club.
- Saturday, July 21, Is a free day with the last night dinner and festivities at LeMay Marymount museum. You can read more about it here:
- Sunday, July 22, say our goodbyes and head on home.
If you have not sent in your registration form yet, why not get that done now?
Until next month,
Cruise Oregon "Searchin' for Sasquatch" December newsletter
By now, you should have received your registration forms in the mail. If you have not, you can download one from the link above or send an email to Karen Strand at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Cruise Oregon committee is taking December off, but we would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
See you in January!
Cruise Oregon "Searchin' for Sasquatch" November newsletter
Thanksgiving is only a few days away, and your Cruise Oregon committee would like to wish you a great time with family and friends.
Our meeting this month was discussing more about activities for the week. Don't forget to mark your calendars for July 14-22, 2018. Four stops, with two night's in each town. Should be a nice relaxing cruise, with lots of time to explore.
We will be hosted by Schroeder's Speed and Custom in Troutdale for our Friday night meet and greet on July 13, 2018.
Registration forms will be mailed out the first week of December so watch your mailboxes! You are also able to download the registration form here so if you need more copies you are welcome to print them. Use the link just below the image at the top of this page. Registration closes on April 30, 2018.
"SEARCHIN' FOR SASQUATCH" OCTOBER NEWSLETTER
Another month gone and we are fully into the Fall season. Halloween is just around the corner, and the weather is getting colder. Have you put your rides to bed for the Winter yet, or are you still cruising?
As I said last month, we read your comment cards and many of you said you really enjoy the two night stays. So our 2018 cruise will be all 2 night stays which will give you plenty of time to explore the area. Total mileage is 705 miles. We have firmed up the towns, so I can now share where we will be going:
July 14 - Sandy to The Dalles, Oregon
July 15 - Free day to explore all that our beautiful Columbia River Gorge has to offer.
July 16 - On to Kennewick, Washington
July 17 - Free day in the tri-city area
July 18 - Drive to Wenatchee, Washington
July 19 - Free day to explore the area and go to Leavenworth
July 20 - Drive to Tacoma, Washington
July 21 - Free day in the Tacoma area
July 22 - Head on home
As always, we are working on things to see in the various areas, events, and looking into possible get-togethers with car clubs. As we get more information, I will be sharing this with you.
We also picked our mascot and catch phrase for 2018. Our mascot will be the Sasquatch (Bigfoot), and Cruise Oregon will be called "Searchin' for Sasquatch"
Have a wonderful Halloween, and I'll 'see' ya in November!
CRUISE OREGON 2018 SEPTEMBER NEWSLETTER
Wow! The seasons are changing rapidly, and Fall is in the air! Why is it that summer seems to go faster and faster every year?
How about that Cruise Oregon this year? I'm not sure I have EVER seen such consistent, beautiful weather on the Oregon Coast and a great time was had by all. It was so nice to see you all again after taking a year off! Some pictures from the cruise are now on the website, if you would like to go take a look.
I'm happy to report that we raised $4,367.80 for our charities on the cruise. That money will be dispersed as follows:
$3,000 will go to purchasing teen gifts for the Kiwani's Christmas Basket program. Our club does the shopping for that.
$1,000 will go to Mt. Hood Hospice
$1,225.43 will go to the Sandy Action Center Food Bank
$250 will go to Siuslaw Middle and High School Bands and Athletic Dept. in Memory of Roy Donaghey (Red's Artworks.) Roy has done all our artwork, T-Shirts and such, for us from the beginning, and he passed away suddenly in July.
As some of you know, the 2018 cruise will be to the state of Washington, and we started the planning last night. Save the dates: July 14-22, 2018. We read all your comment cards, discussed some of your suggestions, and are working hard to make that happen. As soon as we have our route and hotels secured, I will share with you where we will be going.
Have a great Halloween everyone!